- Visualize – Think about what you want to be successful at. Visualize it. How do you see yourself, where do you see yourself, how do you see your daily workflow, how do you see yourself getting to that moment, how do you see yourself handling any problems that may come up? Clear your mind and drown out everything around you and see what YOU think your successful future looks like.
- Unplug – Unplug from social media/digital distractions. When you’re on social media or so plugged into TV or your computer, you begin to either envy the people you see or steal what they are doing as opposed to using your own creative mind. However if you unplug you’ll see how you want to be successful and you will get the ball rolling on taking the necessary steps to get to where you are trying to get to. Social media and digital distractions can pull you away from productivity and sometimes you can get so deep into the distractions and forget what you wee doing in the first place.
- Plan, Organize and Do – After you visualize what you see a successful, make a plan to set your visuals into motion. How are you going to get to do your daily job you visualized? Are you going to go to school? Are you going to get an internship? Are you going to talk to somebody at your current job that works in the department you want to get into? Plan it out. After you plan, organize how you’re going to set these visualizations into motion. What are you going to do first? How are you going to get to do it? After you plan and organize, do! Go enroll into school, go talk to that Director of said dream job, network, etc.
- Go from lipglossandchampagne.wordpress.com to www.perilouswoman.com
- Start vlogging
- Launch an internship program for blog (social media and blog interns) (unpaid, college credit)
- Get into photography – Already have a camera, buy a tripod and camera lens)
- Get into fashion styling – personal styling and/or celebrity styling
- Create an annual mentorship event/program for black girls, teens, and women
- Reach out to different possible sponsors
- Reach out to different possible spokesmen
- Create shirts/hats for Perilous Woman
- Logo on the front of shirt and definition on a perilous woman on the back of shirt
- Finish paying car note off
- Pay off credit card bill
- Get passport and plan a trip out of the country – Dubai, Spain, and/or Paris
- Get SHRM and/or HR Certified
- Intern for a top company in LA for HR – Disney, Sony Pictures, HBO, Warner Bros., Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, etc.
- Obtain a MacBook
- Become a better graphic designer
- Become a brand ambassador for a hair company
- Meet zaddy (Michael B. Jordan)
- Get FIT and start to eat better
- Get a college counselor certification
- Sign up for a dance class, more specifically Janelle Ginestra and Wildabest class
- Become a model
What are your goals for 2017? For me, 2017 is all about personal and professional development and growth. 2016, was an okay year, but I want and need 2017 to be even better in all shapes and form.