Lippie color of the week is NYX’s Liquid Suede Initiator. I’ll be honest, I absolutely LOVE this color, use not on me! I think it’s too close to my skin tone and flushes me out a little bit.
This week’s beauty product is NYX Liquid Suede, Stone Fox. I was a little hesitant on buying it at first because it’s a mix between being black and/or grey and I’ve never just seen anyone rock black/grey well. But, I put it on and I loved it. I always believed that I had the perfect skin-tone and lips to pretty much rock any shade of lippie I wanted to rock. I got this from Target and it was on clearance for about $2, but I believe it’s usually $5.99 and you can get it from nyxcosmetics.com, a NYX store, Target or Ulta.
This day, was the first day of 2018 that I slapped some make-up on my face and took cute pictures. I also tried two new products, Smashbox SuperFan Fanned Out Mascara and NYX Liquid Suede Foul Mouth. I’ve ever only tried two brands of mascara which is Maybelline and e.l.f. and let me tell y’all, I now have a new favorite mascara and it’s this here Smashbox SuperFan Fanned Out Mascara. It made my eyelash pop and looking amazing! They were extremely long and super fanned out. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who have short lashes and are looking to extend them. I also loved the fact that they didn’t clump, flake or smudge!!! Now as far as the liquid suede goes, everyone who knows me, knows I have a slight obsession with lippies. I have over 50 lipsticks, lipgloss, liquid suede, etc. in over a million brands. One of my favorite brand of lippies happens to be NYX. I bought this color because it was blue and I wanted to try something new and different and I actually loved it on me! I’d definitely check out both of these products.
As you all may or may not know, I love wearing different shades of lippies and I have over 30 different colors from all different brands! NYX recently had an in-app BOGO sale and I went a little overboard with my purchase. The first color I tried was NYX Liquid Suede Industrial Paradise. Looking at the tube, I thought it was going to be a lavender color, but once I began to put it on, I realized it was actually kind of like a baby blue color and I absolutely LOVED IT!
So, I’m not make-up guru or nothing like that, but I am a girl who likes to dibble and dabble in a little bit of make-up when I get ready to step out or when I feel like being cute. The other day I did a blog post on “What’s in my purse’ and now I wanted to do one on “What’s in my Make-Up Bag” especially since I got a new cute make-up bag from Marshall’s for $7.99
- Lippies. Y’all, I have so many lippies, it makes no sense, and four out of the five in this picture I just got yesterday from ColourPop, but I mean they were only $6, so how could I not, right?
2. Eyeshadow. I think it’s about time that I buy a new thing of LA Colors eyeshadow, but I really don’t feel like it, lol. I always buy this thing and only use like 5 colors and then throw it away.
3. Only recently did I start using blush and contour and I honestly still don’t know what I’m doing when it comes to using it. I watch make-up tutorials all day long and my face is never beat for the gods. 😦
4. So when I first started wearing make-up, I only used powder foundation (mainly because that’s what I saw my mom use) and then I started using liquid foundation, but when I would use it, the color was either too light for me or too dark for and so I stopped using liquid foundation and resorted to powder foundation again, but I use a combination of them both so I’m not too dark or too light.
5. Different brushes/sponges. I actually have more than this, but for the purpose of this post, I only imaged 3. I have like 20 brushes and 5 sponges, lol.
6. Mascara and eyelash curler. So funny story. When I was 15 and first sneaking and wearing make-up, I would put on eyeliner and my mom would always call the eyeliner “mascara” and she would be like you got on mascara, you got on mascara and I always be like, “No, I don’t.” LOL, because I really didn’t have on mascara, it was eyeliner.
7. Only here recently have I started wearing concealer. I knew nothing about it and what it could do for me until this time last year. I haven’t stopped using it since.
8. “Eyeliner” lol… I thought I would never use liquid eyeliner and would stick to the pencil, but after I first purchased it and used and saw the magic, I haven’t stop using it either lol. When I’m looking for a subtle using, I use the neutral eyeliner, but when I’m trying to make my eyes pop, I use the black eyeliner on the bottom.
9. So, I could never get into the whole drawing eyebrows on (don’t know if it’s because my eyebrows are already thick enough or I just don’t know what I’m doing when it comes to doing it), but I did buy this to make them look fuller. You know just a dab here and a dab there.
This is only my make-up bag. I have two boxes in my bathroom full of even more make-up. The sad thing is, I don’t even use half of the make-up. It’s pretty much just sitting in the box in case I decide to maybe one day use to the make-up. I should probably throw it all away though, haha. I hear old make-up isn’t good for you.