By jasminechockaday

spontaneous introverted goofball with a love for writing

8 Inspiring Michelle Obama Quotes You Needed to Hear Today

Michelle Obama is an American lawyer, university administrator and writer who once served as the First Lady of the United States, although she is forever MY First Lady. “Just try new things. Don’t be afraid. Step out of your comfort zones and soar,a ll right?” “You should never view your challenges as a disadvantage. Instead, it’s important for you to understand that your experience facing and overcoming adversity is actually one of your biggest advantages.” “Success is only meaningful and enjoyable if it feels like your own.” “We need to do a better job of putting ourselves higher on our…

Current Obsessions

Movie: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before Song: Busta Mood x Siya TV Show: Elite Food: Portuguese Black Bean and Rice Color: Forrest Green Instagrammer: Symphani Soto YouTuber: theAliyaJannell Podcast: The Joe Budden Podcast Book: Diving in Stilettos First Artist: Erica B Drink: Water Hobby: Working out … for now, lol. What are you currently obsessed with?

Portuguese Black Beans and Rice

Going raw vegan has been a goal of mine for the past three months.  I went pescatarian for a full-month and out of nowhere, I randomly began craving Chic-fil-a and so, I went to Chic-fil-a and got a Chicken Sandwich meal along with an 8-count nugget!  So, I know if I tried to do vegan, I’d definitely randomly crave a steak and I don’t even eat steak. Because it is hard for me to go vegan, I decided to go vegan for a week and if I can make it a week, I’d continue going.  I ordered a Vegan Recipe…

Switching My Career to a Different Route

In November of 2016, I got my first job in Corporate America.  In an old blog post, I talked about my time in Corporate America and how I knew it wasn’t for me. Let alone a job where the majority of my time is sitting behind a desk, talk to candidates and making offers for those who are getting paid WAY more than me.  TUH! I’ve always been a creative individual.  I mean I went to school for fashion.  And I know astrology is cliche, but in an article I read on Girlboss, they talk about your work personality according…

Why I Don’t Believe in Labels

As I’ve gotten older and wiser, I’ve become more comfortable with myself and who I am.  I’ve grown to know what I will and will not tolerate and what I do and do not like in a significant other.  I’m not sure if that came with bad experiences in dating/situationships or just truly being alone for the past 3 years. My entire life, I’ve been dating men, but have recently found myself attracted to women and after this realization, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not going to label myself.  Labels aren’t for me, it’s for other people to…

Why It’s Important to Find a Good Work Friend

I have a cousin who always say, “I go to work, to work and leave. I don’t go to work to make friends.” and honestly, I had adapted that mentality as well. I always felt like I don’t want to be friends with anyone at work and I definitely don’t want y’all in my business, but after my first corporate job in a new city, I realized how important it was to have work friends! It made the work day go by faster and the job a little bit more fun. It helps with productivity.  When you have friends at…

Choosing Between Stability or Passion

‘ If you were given the opportunity to leave your current job to take a job in the career field that you WERE extremely passionate, but take a major pay cut, would you? I asked this question on both Twitter and Instagram and I got the same results from both social sites.  56% said yes, they would take the pay cut and the other 44% said that they wouldn’t. One person who said that they would take the pay cut said the following, “I would 100% rather do something that I love and enjoy doing rather than having a big…

Wellness Podcasts to Listen To

The Friend Zone is a Podcast where every Wednesday, Dustin Ross, HeyFranHey, and Assante explore pop culture and zen living meet.  They explore mental hygiene, cause who in the hell wants a musty brain? Hey, girl podcast that unites the voices of phenomenal women.  We get a first look at their personal and intimate stories firsthand. Food Heaven is a podcast where these two beauties talk about all things food, health and nutrition. A podcast with Dr. Joy Harden Bradford who offers an online space dedicated to encouraging the mental wellness of Black women and girls.