This week’s MCM is Tobias Harris, small forward/power forward for the LA Clippers.
Have you tried different pills or Flat Tummy Tea because your favorite IG Influencer says she uses it and it works but when you try the pills and tea you see ZERO results? Try these more natural alternatives of essential oils to get the results you’re try to achieve. I can definitely attest that grapefruit helps burn fat and are a waist shrinker. 🙂
A Random Walk Down Wall Street by Burton G. Malkiel takes on a number of investing strategies, axioms, truisms, and superstitions. The central premise of Malkiel’s book is that low-cost index funds will serve the individual investor better than any other strategy for choosing stocks.
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas is about one night, Starr goes to a party in Garden Heights and she meets her childhood best friend, Khalil. When he drives her home after the party, they are stopped by a policeman. Khalil is forced to get out of the car and the police officer shoots him, even though he was unarmed. The movie adaptation of the book will be coming out this October!
Who Asked You? by Terry McMillan casts an intimate look at the burdens and blessings of family and speaks to trusting your own judgment even when others don’t agree. McMillan’s signature voice and unforgettable characters bring universal issues to brilliant, vivid life.
In Deep Shelter by Oliver Harris, Detective Nick Belsey is plunged into a perplexing mystery of secrets, danger and suspense beneath the city’s streets.
- Teyana Taylor x Rose in Harlem
- The Carters x Nice
- Big K.R.I.T. x 1999
- Jeremih, Ty Dolla $ign x The Light
- Tink x Get You Home
- Jay Rock x WIN
- 6LACK x Switch
- KiD CuDi x Cudi Montage
- Saweetie ft. Kehlani – ICY GIRL RMX
- Powers Pleasant x Pull Up
- Giants: The Series. A series about a coming of adulthood drama that follows the lives of three black millennial each battling their own inner giants as they approach age thirty.
- Dumped. When Mya unexpectedly gets dumped by Mike, she falls into a downward spiral that leads her to edge of her imagination and pushes her into a world she never knew existed.
- Leimert Park. Is about gentrification and Black friendship. The web series centers around three friends sharing a house in South LA’s Leimert Park, a once before black neighborhood, as they navigate the space of self-love and shamelessly fulfilling their sexual desires in an environment that is changing slowly, but surely.
- Makeup x Breakup. Brooke blindslides Blake and ends their two year relationship leaving Blake to jump back into the New York data scene, instantly finding a new love interest and regaining his confidence. But as soon as things gets serious, Brooke comes back to claim what was once hers. Blake now finds himself stuck between a rock and hard place.
- Professional Black Girl. A webseries that celebrates everyday Black Girl culture covering topics like hairstyles and hair care, personal fashion and style, the show celebrates the simple joys of being a Black Girl.
- Visualize – Think about what you want to be successful at. Visualize it. How do you see yourself, where do you see yourself, how do you see your daily workflow, how do you see yourself getting to that moment, how do you see yourself handling any problems that may come up? Clear your mind and drown out everything around you and see what YOU think your successful future looks like.
- Unplug – Unplug from social media/digital distractions. When you’re on social media or so plugged into TV or your computer, you begin to either envy the people you see or steal what they are doing as opposed to using your own creative mind. However if you unplug you’ll see how you want to be successful and you will get the ball rolling on taking the necessary steps to get to where you are trying to get to. Social media and digital distractions can pull you away from productivity and sometimes you can get so deep into the distractions and forget what you wee doing in the first place.
- Plan, Organize and Do – After you visualize what you see a successful, make a plan to set your visuals into motion. How are you going to get to do your daily job you visualized? Are you going to go to school? Are you going to get an internship? Are you going to talk to somebody at your current job that works in the department you want to get into? Plan it out. After you plan, organize how you’re going to set these visualizations into motion. What are you going to do first? How are you going to get to do it? After you plan and organize, do! Go enroll into school, go talk to that Director of said dream job, network, etc.