So, I’m not make-up guru or nothing like that, but I am a girl who likes to dibble and dabble in a little bit of make-up when I get ready to step out or when I feel like being cute. The other day I did a blog post on “What’s in my purse’ and now I wanted to do one on “What’s in my Make-Up Bag” especially since I got a new cute make-up bag from Marshall’s for $7.99
- Lippies. Y’all, I have so many lippies, it makes no sense, and four out of the five in this picture I just got yesterday from ColourPop, but I mean they were only $6, so how could I not, right?
2. Eyeshadow. I think it’s about time that I buy a new thing of LA Colors eyeshadow, but I really don’t feel like it, lol. I always buy this thing and only use like 5 colors and then throw it away.
3. Only recently did I start using blush and contour and I honestly still don’t know what I’m doing when it comes to using it. I watch make-up tutorials all day long and my face is never beat for the gods. 😦
4. So when I first started wearing make-up, I only used powder foundation (mainly because that’s what I saw my mom use) and then I started using liquid foundation, but when I would use it, the color was either too light for me or too dark for and so I stopped using liquid foundation and resorted to powder foundation again, but I use a combination of them both so I’m not too dark or too light.
5. Different brushes/sponges. I actually have more than this, but for the purpose of this post, I only imaged 3. I have like 20 brushes and 5 sponges, lol.
6. Mascara and eyelash curler. So funny story. When I was 15 and first sneaking and wearing make-up, I would put on eyeliner and my mom would always call the eyeliner “mascara” and she would be like you got on mascara, you got on mascara and I always be like, “No, I don’t.” LOL, because I really didn’t have on mascara, it was eyeliner.
7. Only here recently have I started wearing concealer. I knew nothing about it and what it could do for me until this time last year. I haven’t stopped using it since.
8. “Eyeliner” lol… I thought I would never use liquid eyeliner and would stick to the pencil, but after I first purchased it and used and saw the magic, I haven’t stop using it either lol. When I’m looking for a subtle using, I use the neutral eyeliner, but when I’m trying to make my eyes pop, I use the black eyeliner on the bottom.
9. So, I could never get into the whole drawing eyebrows on (don’t know if it’s because my eyebrows are already thick enough or I just don’t know what I’m doing when it comes to doing it), but I did buy this to make them look fuller. You know just a dab here and a dab there.
This is only my make-up bag. I have two boxes in my bathroom full of even more make-up. The sad thing is, I don’t even use half of the make-up. It’s pretty much just sitting in the box in case I decide to maybe one day use to the make-up. I should probably throw it all away though, haha. I hear old make-up isn’t good for you.