You ever graduated from that talking phase into the situationship phase instead of a relationship simply because you or your significant other wasn’t ready to put a title on it, but then out of nowhere y’all just kind of fall off, you stop talking, and you don’t know why?
If you’re anything like me, you consistently hit the guy because you want answers. I hate being blindsided by things or left in the unknown. If you don’t want to talk to me anymore let me know that, if you have something going on in your life that’s preventing you from talking to me, let me know that, but don’t have me out here looking dumb. But then again, it’s also like, is all of this worth the stress and headache? I mean after all, we’re just in a situationship and not a relationship.
If you’re also anything like me, you spend countless days thinking of that guy and wondering if he’s ever going to call or text you, the what-ifs, and what was it that went wrong in the situatinship. It kind of becomes all you think about when you’re not doing anything to occupy your mind.
Here are a few things you can do to get over that person you were in a situationship with:
- Start dating again. I know this can be hard especially when you’re still stuck on the past guy/girl and you want every new person to be just like them and if they’re not, you’ve already made up in your mind that you’re never going on a date with them again.
- Spend time with your friends. Go out, party, and get drunk. Have a girls night, watch movies, eating pizza, and have girl talk. Be around people who make you smile and happy and will keep your mind off the person you were in that situationship with.
- Stop analyzing what happened. Most times (for women at least), we tend to overthink things. We want to know what happened; was it another girl, is he not attracted to me anymore, did I do something wrong, did I do something right? We have million thoughts running through our mind, but if you don’t analyze the situation, you won’t consistently think of them.
- Cry. I’m not a person who cries so I know how hard this can be. Back in 2012, when my ex-boyfriend broke up with me, it took my best friend and cousin forcing to cry before I cried over him. Sometimes you just need to let it all out and crying is the way to do so.
- Cut off contact. Like I mentioned earlier, I’m the type to consistently hit up a guy especially if I genuinely liked the and I have hopes of it actually working out, but it’s probably best to cut off contact to protect your feelings and save yourself the embarrassment. Delete their number or better yet block their number so that you can cut off contact.
I know what it’s like to be in a situationship and for it to end. It honestly sucks. You’re almost at that phase to where you’re in a relationship and then it just all of a sudden ends. It sucks even more, when you don’t get the answers to all of your questions you have for that person. But you have to realize and learn that not all situationships are meant to last. Some are temporary and some progress into a relationship, you just have to keep playing the game until you find the right one (although I know this isn’t a fun game). You also have to accept the things that you cannot change.